Bible Science Forum
- My interview for I AM series
- Does Isaiah 65:17-25 refer to an earthly Millennium rule of Christ on Earth?
- Martin Lloyd-Jones on the book of Revelation
- “Slaying in the spirit” is hypnotic suggestion
- White Ribbon Australia supports violence against the unborn
- Pope warns against direct personal relationship with Jesus Christ
- Futurism: Jesuit deception of the church
- My drug addiction story
- Is the name ‘Yeshua’ written over a hundred times in the OT?
- Daniel’s Seventy Weeks
- Two Evangelists Charged. Tried. Convicted.
- Final judgment in the new heaven and new earth
- 77,979 hits
- Follow Revolution for Jesus on WordPress.com
Tag Archives: John Calvin
Today is Good Friday which is still recognized in the post-Christian West as a memorial and celebration of the Easter Friday that Jesus Christ willingly gave His life on the Cross, as the Passover Lamb, to vicariously pay our penalty, … Continue reading
by John Calvin (abridged)1,2 Eternal Election, Or God’s Predestination of Some to Salvation, and of Others to Destruction 1. The Gospel not being equally preached to all, and among those to whom it is preached not always finding the same reception, … Continue reading
by John Calvin (abridged)1,2 1. Christian Liberty is an appendix to justification. But there are some who, under pretext of this liberty, cast off all obedience to God, and precipitate themselves into the most unbridled licentiousness [state of indulging in excessive … Continue reading
You may have read or heard that John Calvin was involved in the execution of man for heresy in the Biblical republic he help found in Geneva, Switzerland. The man was Michael Servetus (1511–1553) and he was executed for heresy. But … Continue reading
Justification by Faith. The Name and Thing Defined by John Calvin (abridged)1,2 1. Justification by faith has been discussed before this, but slightly, because it was necessary first to understand that the faith, by which alone we attain justification, is not … Continue reading
On Repentance by John Calvin (abridged)1,2 1. Though we have shown how faith possesses Christ, and how by means of faith we enjoy His benefits, yet the subject would still be left in obscurity, unless we describe the effects which we … Continue reading
Faith Defined, And Its Properties Described by John Calvin (abridged)1,2 1. A great part of the world, when they hear the word faith, conceive it to be nothing more than a common assent to the evangelical history. And even those, who … Continue reading